Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Another setback

So I'm back to running Windows 2k in the inside lab. That's the one that I spend most of my time teaching in. I'm going to stick with Edubuntu in the outside lab even though it is slower than molasses because at least then I don't have to worry about things breaking so much and viruses aren't an issue.

I have much higher requirements for the inside lab though. In here I hope to do everything from web programming to podcasts to video editing. The machines can barely handle 12 students playing the same flash game at the same time though, so I had no choice but to go back to Windows 2000 in here. I'm really disappointed, but at least now I can go back to using Mavis Beacon 15 with the kids. As many typing programs as there are out there, it's astounding how awful the vast majority of them really are.

ATTENTION ENTREPRENEURS, THE UNIVERSE IS IN DIRE NEED OF A SLICK YET EFFECTIVE ONLINE AJAX TYPING TUTOR SITE THAT AT LEAST TRACKS STUDENT PROGRESS AND HOPEFULLY INCLUDES A PLETHORA OF FUN TYPING GAMES. NOW GET TO IT!

cheers -joe

No comments: